Integral PM Consulting - When the surgeon brings the operating room with him
Collaboration and communication make electronic tools indispensable
Many projects fail due to lack of communication, lack of a common view of things or intransparency. Non-coordinated planning, inefficient processing and lack of controlling are further stumbling blocks. To meet these challenges, there are more or less integral and open project management solutions. Therefore, a platform is needed to lead projects to success effectively, efficiently and transparently. Providing such a platform is not always easy for our customers. There are two types:
- Either the customer does not have an electronic platform for project management .
- ...or access and onbaording processes for internal and external employees / stakeholders or service providers are costly or not realizable.
The consequences are clear:
- Onboarding processes are expensive (clients, training etc.).
- It is not possible to draft, review and file common documents.
- Any planning processes are held in silos or are cumbersome.
- Spreadsheets are "misused" for any task tracking and execution planning.
- Specialized software is not used because of the temporary need.
- Any project developments are always handled differently.
- Loss of information occurs due to lack of central availability.
In short: ineffective, inefficient and non-transparent.
An external consultant as project manager or specialist can only counteract this problem to a limited extent. But...
Situation-specific provision of modern project management tools
Due to the combined business model of the linkyard group of companies, we not only have competent consultants but also the necessary skills and infrastructure to provide project management tools. Thus we provide a central single source of truth for the project and enable easy and transparent collaboration between all internal and external project participants, regardless of their geographical location. When so many projects are problematic because of missing platforms, it is a huge added value for our clients if our consultants can also provide the Confluence / Jira platform in the mandates.
That is why we have the service PM Consulting+ ...into being. We provide our consulting clients with a fully functional project management platform (Jira / Confluence) during the mandate. Furthermore, we have prepared templates, structures and tools for common agile and classic project management standards such as HERMES, Scrum or SAFe. As an analogy, the statement of a medical doctor would probably be true: "The surgeon brings along the operating room as well".
Effective cooperation in projects ensured
If linkyard's consultants are involved in projects, we can ensure electronic cooperation and communication in addition to the customer's existing tools in a fast and uncomplicated way.
- Attractive deployment and operating costs for electronic project tools
- Ramp-up of a project including project platform possible within one day
- Access possible for any internal and external stakeholders
- A single source of truth for all artifacts of the project
- Joint development and review of artefacts
- Central documentation
- Central management of tasks
- High information security thanks to the regularly externally audited and systematically documented information security management system of linkyard according to ISO 27001:2013
- Data transfer (export, migration) at end of mandate
About the author
Marcel is CEO of linkyard consulting ag. Due to former tasks as member of the management board, head of department, mandate and project manager in the last 20 years, Marcel can fall back on a broad know-how in the fields of ICT, strategy and innovation as well as organizational development. His knowledge in the areas of digitalization, business model innovation and agile forms of organization, he keeps up to date as a university lecturer for strategy and innovation as well as an auditing expert.
firstname.lastname@example.org | +41 79 529 90 79